The CMA Experience…
Coast Mountain Academy (CMA) is an enriched outdoor education program which focuses on character development through Leadership, Citizenship and Outdoor Adventure.
CMA is a dual-credit program between Brooks Secondary School and Thomson River University. The program is offered at the Senior Secondary to 2nd year university levels.
CMA offers students from BC & around the world a unique opportunity to build skills & earn certifications which prepare them for fantastic employment opportunities and further studies. Our graduates can be found doing amazing things all over the world.
CMA is a semester-long, cohort program offered on the Northern Sunshine Coast in British Columbia, Canada.
There are countless reasons to enroll in CMA!
1. Develop and enhance your leadership capacity
2. Engage and serve the local and global community
3. Acquire the necessary hard skills and certifications to find employment
4. Develop skills associated with wellness and healthy choices
5. Learn outside in a classroom without walls
6. Develop bio-geographic and geo-climatic knowledge of the region
7. Learn alongside industry partners and potential employers
8. Develop your sense of self-determination
9. Enhance your environmental awareness and sustainability skills
10. Act as a role model and mentor to younger students
11. Paddle, climb, hike, bike, build fires, act, share, play music, break and fix
things, learn, teach, smile, laugh, cry and Live the Adventure!
Physical Education 11 or 12 credits 4
Work Experience 11 or 12 credits 4
Adventure Tourism 11 & 12 credits 8
Leadership Studies 11 or 12 credits 4
English (optional)11 or 12 credits 4
Graduation Transitions 12 credits 4
Total possible credits 28
Outdoor Leadership Skills
Flat Water Sea Kayak, Paddle Canada
Level 1 Sea Kayak, Paddle Canada
Wilderness First Aid (40 hours)
Occupational First Aid
Avalanche Safety Training Level 1
VHF Radio Operator, Industry Canada
Small Craft Operator, Coast Guard
Streamkeepers, Counsellor in Training